Why Phoenix for manufacturing?
Infrastructure built for growth
- SRP's dark fiber network spans nearly 3,000 square miles across 15 cities in our service territory. Unlock your company's digital transformation with highly customizable, secure and scalable network solutions.
- Reliability is our #1 product. Connect to a robust power grid with superior reliability and rates among the lowest in the Southwest.
- Take advantage of sophisticated transportation infrastructure; Arizona's highways link to 34 million Americans within a half-day's drive, while our airports connect to most of the rest of the country and Mexico in three hours or less.
Highly-skilled, low-cost workforce
- 8.1% of the total output in Arizona is from manufacturers, who employ nearly 6% of the total workforce.
- With a current population of 4.9 million, we boast the third largest labor pool in the West.
- Arizona ranks in the top 10 for actual tech occupational jobs, with leading tech sectors such as IT services and custom software, semiconductor manufacturing, telecommunications, engineering, and space and defense systems manufacturing.
Competitive operating advantages
- Operate more efficiently and sustainably with SRP's green solutions for businesses. From renewable energy to abundant water supplies, we have solutions to give your manufacturing business a competitive edge.
- Arizona is a pro-business, right-to-work state with low unionization and minimal regulation.
- Manufacturers can take advantage of special incentives, no inventory tax, aggressive depreciation schedules and even a sales tax exemption on equipment and utilities used for manufacturing.
Relocating made simple
With energy-efficiency rebates, Arizona Commerce Authority incentives and unparalleled collaboration with regional economic development entities, moving to Greater Phoenix can be cost-effective and simple. Discover more from one of our partner agencies or contact an SRP economic development advisor.